Sunday, August 12, 2007

She is a...hairhopper

Bad move this weekend. Late Saturday night (in a fit of insomnia) I re-watched Saturday Night Fever. John Travolta in all his tight-panted, long limbed glory. Oh, and the dancing was good.

Today, we caught a matinee of Hairspray, so not as absolutely-John-Waters-fabulous as the 1988 movie of which the musical was based of which the movie was based, but a fun time none the less. But up on the screen, the Tony Manero of a just 24 hours previous became Edna Turnblad, no where near as divine as Divine.

I think an ovary dried up right there in a theater.

2 comments:

Natsthename said...

"nowhere near as divine as Divine."
AMEN! And how could he be?

I still want to see the musical, even though it'll never be as good as the Waters original. I mean...THE SONGS!! WOO HOO!

Anonymous said...

As far as I can see, the insomnia is simply inexplicable. :-)