Friday, August 17, 2007

Superbad

Some of my team and I were able to slip around the corner and go see Superbad this afternoon. I laughed my ass off. It was crass as hell, but as far as "high school rejects just wanna get laid" movies go, this was really, really funny. Lots of great acting, and a great script, but the highlight for me by far was Michael Cera. Anyone who's ever watched the most excellent Arrested Development knows him as George-Michael. His comedic timing is out of this world, and his character is absolutely believable as a slightly awkward high school senior who's horny as hell but still governed by a conscience. The movie pulls no punches with the over-the-top gags and language, but for this movie, it all works. A funny, funny way to spend part of a Friday afternoon!

4 comments:

Natsthename said...

I can't wait to see this one!

We saw "The Simpsons Movie" last night and I was disappointed. The kiddo, same age as Bart, laughed his ass off, though.

Don said...

Did you ever find his ass? Sometimes those theaters are pretty dark.

Unknown said...

I'm so web-wasted. I clicked on that poster expecting a video. Anybody else get that? I thought it was just Usenet ("Dear Sir, Boy are you some kind of fucked up asshole")but it's the whole web. I'll probably blog about it. D'oh!

Buy TV Shows on DVD said...

This film was really funny, surprising and always entertaining. The acting was good, and the writing is simply brilliant. I want to have a DVD copy of it!