Saturday, February 9, 2008

March Movie Madness: The New Rules

As I said before, this year's March Movie Madness is going to be a competition of the greatest comedies of all time. But unlike last year, I'm not going to be the one determining which movies defeat which.

You are.

I will, as I did last year, determine the initial seedings and match-ups. But from there, the wins and losses will be based on your answers. Quite simply, the movies that get the most votes move on. So if, for instance, Life of Brian is up against Raising Arizona, and we have 19 participants, and 13 of them choose Life of Brian, then Life of Brian moves on to the next round.

No, I haven't done the seedings yet, so I have no idea if those two movies will actually be paired up.

That's the basic gist of it. I'll post official rules & regs when it gets closer to tipoff.

It's only three weeks away!

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Funny things is, I'm busy watching that new Life of Brian w/ commentaries in the evenings now. I finished the Cleese/Palin one and just started the Gilliam/Idle/Jones one last night. I got as far as "People called Romanes, they go to the 'ouse?"

Natsthename said...

Can't WAIT!! WOOT!!

Jodie Kash said...

I've started stretching and carb loading.

Bring it.

Emma said...

Sounds fun. I'm in again.

Anonymous said...

I watched LoB last night.

Cody Bones said...

I'd love to contribute.

Jodie Kash said...

OMG...a week away.

Do we win a "prize" or just braggin' rights, 'cause I'm good with those too.

O' Tim said...

I must now offer up my annual MM tipoff quote, procured via Flounder from Animal House (a film I predict will do quite well).

"Oh boy, this is gonna be GREAT!"

BTW Jefs, any chance of a handicapper's preview? I think it would be fun to have decidedly unprofessional odds assigned to our competitors!