Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Monster Mash

Babies, we need a topic. Found one at ew.com, a photo essay of "22 Goofy Movie Monsters". Why 22? Perhaps to make me ask "why 22?"

Anarchist I am, my pick for goofiest monster is not from a movie, but the greatest children’s live action Saturday morning extraveganza of all time, "Land of the Lost." Sleestak ruled. One even wore a sparkly vest and could speak English. My brothers and I would play Sleestak often by running about and sucking air through our teeth, oven mitts on both hands.

5 comments:

Don said...

Maybe it's just me, but I didn't find Woodie Allen's huge man-hunting tit monstrous, exactly. Strangely compelling, perhaps.

Anonymous said...

As soon as I read the first paragraph of this post, I knew that the Killer Shrews had to be on the list. I just KNEW it. The Morlocks in the original Time Machine were pretty goofy, too.

Teacake said...

Land of the Lost! Followed immediately by Doctor Shrinker. Good times.

I agree that the aliens in Signs were among the unscariest baddies of all time. M. Night, man, talk about feast or famine. As for the CHUDs, even if they had been scary, it would've been impossible to get past the name.

Natsthename said...

For me, it's THe BLob or the big tarantula in the giant tarantula flick.

Anonymous said...

Hey, Nat......ever notice who the still-unknown actor that dumped the napalm on the giant tarantula was? Hint- he's got a couple Oscars now.